Here we have covered every question of the Digital Garage Exam questions And answer to get 100% score. In your Exam and get google certified certificate
What’s the biggest challenge for most businesses when going online?
- Planning a budget
- Developing a plan
- Optimising a website
- Defining a customer base
Web analytics can tell you many things about your online performance, but what can analytics tools not tell you?
- What your customers are doing on your website
- Where your customers have come from before visiting your website
- Where your customers go after leaving your website
- What your customers are looking for on your website
Website hosting servers have their own unique IP address, what does this address consist of?
- Numbers and letters
- Letters and symbols
When defining a strategy for your business, how can competitor analysis help you establish a USP (or Unique Selling Point)?
- It can enable you to offer discounts that compete directly with your competitors’ pricing
- It can identify how your offering is different in comparison to your competitors
- It can give you deeper insight into the market and their approach
- It can reveal which additional regions you could be operating in so that you can grow your business
You notice that when people see images of your products online, you have an increase in conversions or sales. Which customer touchpoint could you use to take advantage of this insight?
- Shopping bags
- Blog content
- Social media
How can businesses benefit from using analytics on their website?
- It will show you where your audience comes from
- It will list which pages your audience does not like
- It will show where your customers go after they’ve left your site
- It will show you why your audience visit your site
Websites are hosted on a server and each of these servers has its own unique IP address. What does the ‘IP’ stand for?
- Internet Position
- Internet Placement
- Internet Privatisation
- Internet Protocol
When designing content as part of your content marketing strategy, what does the ‘Think’ stage represent in the ‘See, Think, Do, Care’ framework?
- The consideration phase, when customers start to research potential products to buy
- The finance stage, when customers think about their budgets
- The action stage, the moment when customers commit and purchase your product
- The sharing stage, when customers share images and feedback on your products
Which are the first steps you should consider when constructing an online business strategy?
- Understand the target audience
- Change your mission statement to match the goals
- Create goals and identify a USP
- Define and segment your audiences
Where does the domain name of a website primarily sit?
- In the URL
- In the coding of your header image
- In your navigation menu
- In your logo’s hyperlink
When planning your website, what is one of the key things you should consider?
- The order your products will appear on the site
- What you want your customers to do on the site
- How customers will interact with the site
- What your customers want to see on the site
When considering whether to have a web presence for your business, which of the following is not a major factor?
- How long you’ve been in business
When you’re building a business website, what purpose does a server have?
- It manages your website
- It hosts your website
- It promotes your website
- It secures your website
When looking to advertise a new business online, what is one of the major benefits of display ads?
- They are seen by everyone
- They have higher click-through rate
- They can come in many different formats
- They don’t cost too much to set up
Imagine a customer has downloaded an app made by their local hardware store. How could that business connect with their audience through the app?
- Call the customer when there is an offer they’d enjoy
- See where their customers are and monitor their shopping behaviours
- Send them offers when they enter a certain geographical area
- Add items to their in-app basket that you think they’d like
What is the term we use to describe how search engines categorise each piece of content?
When using a search engine, what is the name of a word or phrase somebody types to find something online?
- Search phrase
- Search term
- Search query
- Search word
When looking to optimise the performance of a website to improve its search engine ranking, using ‘long tail keyword terms’ in your SEO plan often allows you to…
- Outrank lots of larger, more established companies
- Find more opportunities
- See more traffic than short tail keywords
- Perform better on social media
Gaining backlinks to your website is a great way to improve the SEO performance. What best practice will encourage people to link back to your site?
- Pay people to link back to your site
- Write some great content they will find useful
- Ensure your staff link back to your site
- Link to them first, regardless of whether they have anything interesting on their site
There are many ways you can improve the performance of a website from an SEO perspective. When it comes to link building which of the following statements is accurate?
- The quantity of links is important, not the quality
- The quality of links is important, not the quantity
- Links hidden within code on sites improves your SEO performance
- Links hidden within images on sites improves your SEO performance
Which of the following will be achieved by including an offer in a Search Engine Marketing (SEM) ad?
- It will help the ad stand out and encourage people to click it
- It will guarantee the ad appears at the top of the search results
- It will increase the amount of users across your entire website
- It can increase the quality score of your ad
Fill the blank: When managing SEM campaigns, the best way to optimise your quality score is to improve the _________ of your keywords, adverts, and landing pages.
When fine-tuning paid search ads, you change a broad-match keyword to a phrase-match keyword using which symbol?
- Quotation marks
- Square brackets
When running a search engine marketing campaign, what goal do you expect to achieve by having conversion tracking on your site?
- To see personal data about the person who bought from you
- To understand what is working and what is not
- To increase your budget to get more traffic
- To advertise internationally more easily
Search engines see the content on a website as written code, how can you help search engines identify the images on your website?
- Place them well within your text
- Make them eye-catching
- Put branding on them
- Give them descriptive names
When looking to increase the presence of a website, putting together your search engine optimisation plan will help you plan your steps. Which activity would be first on the list?
- Choosing what images to put on your website
- Reserving all the social profiles that you will be using for the business
- Finding people who will link back to your website
- Keyword Research
When optimising a website for search, what impact do meta and title tags have on the search engine?
- They are hidden messages that have no bearing on search engines
- They are the on-page content that appears on your homepage, telling search engines what you do
- They are automatically generated and help websites rank within search engines
- They are embedded messages that help the search engine determine what’s on the page
When advertising on search engines, if you bid the same as your competitor, having a higher quality score will mean you appear where in comparison?
- Alongside them
- Below them
- On the next page after them
- Above them
When advertising using Search Engine Marketing (SEM), you only pay…
- when your ad appears within the search results
- when a conversion happens on your website
- when your ad is clicked by someone
- when someone stays on your website for more than 2 minutes
What can you achieve if you divide your search engine marketing account into relevant campaigns and ad groups?
- Drive more traffic to your website
- Target more people in different areas of the world
- Ensure people see relevant ads that relate to their search query
- Stop using negative keywords
What is the most important thing to consider when optimising a search engine marketing campaign?
- Increasing the bid for the keywords you are targeting
- Increasing the relevance of the keywords, ads, and landing page
- Adding lots of keywords to the campaign to get more traffic
- Continually changing the ad copy
What’s the first step in the search engine optimisation process for your website?
- Off-site optimisation
- Keyword research
- Writing fresh content
- Setting an ad budget
When ranking websites on search engine results pages, which element of a website do search engines value the most?
- How long the content on the page is
- If you mention keywords over 50 times in a short piece of content
- Unique, engaging, relevant content
- Where you are in the world when adding content to your site
A lot of factors can affect how well a website will rank on search engines. What role does metadata have in this process?
- Helps your website stand out from the competition
- Allows you to input lots of keywords so that you appear for all of them
- Provides search engines with more consistent and clear information about what’s on the website
- Allows you to place sales promotion offers within the search results
Which of the following is a benefit of Search Engine Marketing (SEM)?
- Reach out to potential customers actively looking for your product or service
- Create different types of ad formats to show to potential customers
- Target people based on their interests and habits
- SEM is a lot cheaper than any other advertising medium
If you want to track a completed order in your website, what would be a proper place to add the conversion tracking code?
- Website’s homepage
- Order confirmation page
- Order form page
- Contact us page
Fill the blank: When optimising SEM campaigns, negative keywords _________ your ads from appearing when people search for things that aren’t relevant to your business.
- increase the chance of
- decrease the chance of
Fill the blank: ‘Search engines _________ the internet to discover content.’
What are three key considerations when evaluating keywords for search engine optimisation?
- Competition, cohesiveness, relevance
- Frequency, competition, relevance
- Relevance, cohesiveness, execution
- Frequency, execution, relevance
We use them every day, but what is the overall purpose of a search engine?
- To position websites based on how popular they are
- To display websites in a random order to increase site traffic
- To ensure every business gets an equal number of site visits
- To help the user find the most relevant answer to their query
Which search query would trigger an ad based on this keyword: [London portrait photographer]?
- Portrait photographer London
- London photographer
- London portrait photographer
- Photographers in London
Google Search Console “Crawl” reports let you monitor…?
- If potential customers can access your web pages
- If Google can view your web pages
- How people interacts with your website
- What information Google records about your site
To improve your website’s SEO performance, when should you consider updating your SEO plan?
- When you write a new blog post
- When you have a sale or promotion
- When you add a new service or product
- When you employ new staff
When trying to promote your business locally, what three key bits of information should be present in your directory listing?
- Business name, address, phone number
- Personal name, business name, postcode
- Name, PO box, freephone number
- Business name, CEO, company registration number
Fill the blank: When it comes to promoting a business locally, search engines can _______________ your business in the search results page if the user is near your location.
Using social media for business purposes can be very different to running personal profiles. If you’re looking to attract people to your social network, what tone of voice should you consider?
- Stern & Serious
- Serious & Honest
- Fun & Inviting
- Engaging & Inviting
When it comes to knowing which social media platforms to focus your efforts on, how can you work out which one will work best for you?
- Compare follower numbers across platforms
- Use online analytics tools to measure engagement
- See what competitor businesses are using
- Ask friends and family which platforms they use
Mobile apps are a great tool to engage with customers on the go. What is one of the major benefits of a mobile app over a website?
- Apps allow you to send push notifications
- Apps are easy to access on the app store
- Apps generally work on more mobile devices
- Apps allow you to collate more data on your customers
When looking to create video content for your marketing strategy, what three best practices should you look to include?
- Short, technical, include a call to action
- Relevant, short, entertaining
- Short, entertaining, include a call to action
- Short, relevant, include a call to action
Fill in the blank: When search engines use factors like geolocation, IP address and location based search terms to produce geographically tailored results, this is called _____________.
- Local Search
- Geo search
- Mobile search
- Organic search
Why is it important to reach customers on their mobiles when advertising locally?
- People use their phones while they are on the go
- Ads are smaller in mobile devices and therefore cheaper
- People prefer to receive adverts on their mobile
- Everyone has a mobile phone
When looking to promote a business on social media, what is a good way to grow your social media following or engagement quickly?
- Paid advertising
- Pay for followers
- Follow all of your competitors’ followers
- Overuse hashtags
When building a website for a business, what type of design should it have in order to be “mobile friendly”?
- A scaled design
- A visual design
- A responsive design
- An integrated design
When designing mobile advertising campaigns, what is a best practice to identify which keywords to target?
- Ask your audience what they search for when looking for similar products
- Use the Google Keyword research tool or Bing Keyword research tool
- Use a tool to harvest the keywords your competitors are using
- Use all the usual keywords from your website in your advertising account
“Because online attention spans are shorter, a great hook or opening sentence is important to draw people in.” What is this a best practice example of?
- Writing engaging online copy
- Keeping the target audience in mind
- Understanding the user journey
- Being consistent in your approach to copy
Why is social media a great tool for your business to build trust and engagement with your audience?
- You can share offers and discounts exclusively to your following
- You can share blogs from other businesses to cover more than what you do
- You can share honest reviews about your product or service
- You can connect with customers at any time of the day
What type of tool can be used to monitor and evaluate your social media audience’s actions on your website?
- Content scheduling tools
- Audience profiling tools
- Social media analytic tools
- Website analytic tools
Which of the following is a core benefit that content marketing can bring to a business’s online presence?
- It can improve sales by directing more traffic to your website
- It can enable a business to create a bank of content, which can be reused to create ads
- It helps a company identify its biggest competitors
- It provides you with another channel to push sales and promotional messages to customers on a regular basis
When looking to get noticed locally online, what information should you ensure is on your website as a minimum?
- Your social media links
- An interactive map
- Your physical location details
- Business registration number
When looking to promote your products and services locally, what are the benefits of using search engine ads?
- Everyone uses search engines
- You can target ads to a specific geographic area
- You can target ads to specific genders
- Search ads are cheaper than display adverts
When it comes to mobile, how would you define usability?
- The visitor’s time navigating your site
- The visitor’s experience on your site
- The visitor’s general time on your site
- The vistior’s purpose when on your site
Which of the following actions would be most effective for a business to take in order to help them progress towards achieving their content marketing goals?
- Personalising content to make each customer feel important, taking into account available data about each individual customer.
- Reducing the number of channels used for content marketing to only those channels with the highest referral numbers, thus saving money
- Identifying audiences who view their content, and ensuring those specific audiences get targeted in the future, with the aim of increasing sales
- Refining their content marketing strategy as they go, taking into account available data and metrics
With more and more users using mobile to look at websites, it is key that you optimise your site so users can find it when searching online. Which two elements should you look to optimise for improved SEO performance?
- Site speed and usability
- Keywords and metadata
- Image size and navigation
- Site speed and visual appearance
Mobile advertising is a great tool for marketers, but all that good work could be undone if your website isn’t what?
- Optimised for different devices
- Visually engaging
- Full of relevant information
- Text heavy
Which of the following tools could be used to gain an insight into the phrases and questions people search for about a given subject online?
- Answer The Public
- Google Ads Editor
- Facebook business manager
- EM Rush
Digital marketing isn’t just about selling your products internationally. It can be used to great effect for local businesses. What do we mean by ‘local businesses’?
- A business that operates from a specific geographic location
- A business that is within a 5km radius from the customer
- A business that has existed within a community for more than 5 years
- A business that only provides a service based product
Which of the following would be described as a good business goal to set for your social media campaigns?
- Increase staff morale
- Increase audience engagement
- Increase customer satisfaction
- Increase overall profit
When looking to advertise your business to mobile users, social media advertising can be really effective because…
- it allows you to target people who have ad blockers enabled
- it can be seen by people who aren’t logged into their accounts
- it allows you to target people based on their likes and interests
- it doesn’t cost too much to spread your ads far
There are lots of social media platforms out there, but what is a benefit of using smaller, more niche social media platforms for your business?
- People on niche platforms are more likely to engage with you
- Your content will be put in front of specific audiences
- Your content will be seen by a mix of different people, gaining more views and likes
- It enhances your brand to be seen on more specific social media platforms
What are the benefits of using social media when looking to advertise your business locally?
- People trust local businesses on social media
- You can target ads to a specific local audience
- You can make video ads promoting the area
- People use social media more than they use search engines
Local directories are a great tool for getting noticed locally online. What would be the first step in using a directory?
- Research competitors
- Create a listing
- Create an ad
- Post a link
Building a plan will help you to focus your efforts when using social media. What should you consider when making your social media plan?
- Your audience’s data
- Your audience’s interests
- You audience’s available income
- Your audience’s offline behaviour
When looking at your email marketing metrics, Click Through Rate (or CTR) highlights which of the following insights?
- % of people that made a purchase after receiving the email
- % of people that opened the email out of the total recipients
- % of people who clicked on a link in the email out of the total recipients
- % of people who were sent the email against the total number of conversions made
When advertisers run online ads that typically include an image for people to click on, it’s called…
- Search Engine Optimisation
- Banner advertising
- Display advertising
- Webpage advertising
Which form of targeting would you use to display ads to people who have previously visited your website?
- Search advertising
Which of the following is the most accurate analogy for a display advertising network?
- A targeting option for publishers
- A marketplace between online publishers and advertisers
- A payments system for online ad campaigns
- A targeting option for advertisers
When creating video marketing content on a budget, what is the first thing you should consider doing?
- Shooting as much as you can and culling it later
- Finding editing software
- Finding equipment to use
- Planning your content
Which of the following is a key strategy for distributing your video content?
- Share videos across all of your digital marketing tools
- Pick one primary place to share your video content
- Trust word-of-mouth to drive traffic to your videos
- Send out a postcard to relevant mailing lists
What is one of the benefits of using templates for your email marketing campaigns?
- You can reuse the same template
- They are always free
- You can duplicate the design of your website
- Templates work better on mobile
Which of the following is a benefit of search advertising over display advertising?
- Search ads are more likely to be clicked on
- Search advertising is cheaper than display advertising
- Search advertising allows ads to be created in multiple formats
- Search advertising is shown to customers who are searching for your specific terms
Why is it important that you set goals when planning your display ad campaigns?
- To help determine the best way to collate customer data
- To help determine the performance and allow for optimisation
- To help determine where your budget will be spent
- To help determine the performance of your competition
If the analytics for your video campaign shows people are only watching the first few seconds of your video, what can you do to try and amend this?
- Change the colours to be more eye-catching
- Change how much your branding is shown in the video
- Update the description to tell people more about the video
- Delete the video and try again with edited content
When it comes to email marketing, what do we mean by the term A/B testing?
- A/B testing means you can split your contacts alphabetically
- A/B testing means you send the same email twice to the same people
- A/B testing means splitting your audience and sending each of them a different variation of your email
- A/B testing means it is spell checked and proofed, prior to hitting send
Which of the following is a benefit of display advertising over search advertising?
- Display advertising is cheaper than search advertising
- Appearing on relevant websites offering advertising space
- Ads can appear at the top of search engine results pages
- Display ads are more likely to be clicked on
What can you do to help your videos appear in search results?
- Make the content really interesting
- Give detailed descriptions of its content
- Clearly brand your videos
- Include calls to action within the videos
When planning your display advertising, what does the word ‘placement’ mean?
- The exact location of your ad on a particular page of a website
- The size and position of your ad
- The exact location of your ad on search engine results pages
- The position of text within your ad
When discussing display advertising, what is an ad network?
- A way to get free traffic to your site
- A directory of lots of websites that sell the same products as you do
- An online store of images you can use within your content
- A platform allowing the advertiser to advertise on websites within the network
When using display advertising, what could you include in an ad to achieve the goal of driving more sales?
- Promotions and special offers
- Personalised messages
- Location specific information
- Product shots and detailed information
Retargeting allows you to…
- Target users, based on the specific actions they take on your site
- Target people, based on their likes and interests
- Appear higher within the search results
- Target people before they come to your website
Which of the following factors can impact the open rate of your email campaigns?
- The amount of links contained in the email
- The number of images in your email
- The opportunity for customers to opt-out
- The subject line of the email
How can you attract social media users to share your video content online?
- Tag them in posts
- Use hashtags
- Make them funny
- Use subtitles
How can your business benefit from video without making one yourself?
- Advertising on other people’s videos
- Commenting on other people’s videos
- Sharing other people’s videos
- Interacting with other people’s videos
When using analytics programmes on your website, which of these do not fall under the category of a dimension?
- The device users access the site with
- The time a user spends on the site
- The browser a user uses to visit the site
- The geographical location of the user
In the world of analytics, tracking the type of device the user accessed your site by is considered which type of data?
Fill the blank: When you link Google Ads with Google Analytics you are able to understand which ________ are driving performance.
- Organic keywords
- Social media ads
- Paid keywords
What do website analytics allow you to do?
- Set up advertising accounts to drive continuous improvement
- Understand users behaviour and improve the effectiveness of your digital marketing efforts
- Interact with customers on your website to increase conversion
- Predict your users next move based on previous data
Why should you avoid focusing on collecting as much data as possible?
- Vast quantities of data will take a long time to process
- Large amounts of data are harder to store online
- The right information, at the right time, is more valuable
- Spreadsheets have a limit on the amount of information they can store
How is a spreadsheet defined?
- An interactive computer application for the organisation, analysis and storage of data
- A static collection of related data tables that can be queried to locate specific fields
- A tool for storing large amounts of numerical data, but not text-based data
- A digital balance sheet to keep track of financial transactions
When using analytics on your website, what do we mean by the term ‘conversion’?
- The act of a user coming from a certain geographical location
- The act of a user spending a certain amount of time on the site
- The act of a user meeting a specific metric
- The act of a user completing a goal
When it comes to web analytics, what insights can you gather using analytics tools?
- What websites users visit after leaving your website
- How you currently rank in search engines
- How people interact with your website
- How people interact with your competitors’ websites
When using web-based analytics tools, by segmenting the data you will be able to achieve which of the following?
- Bid higher within your SEM advertising account
- Find insights that can help you identify where to make improvements
- Build better social media profiles
- Run advertising in other countries around the world
When creating a presentation based on lots of data, what principle should you bear in mind?
- Show all the information available, to give your audience as much context as possible
- Tailor your approach to your audience in order to tell a better story
- Stick to visual graphics only, as everyone will prefer this presentation format over tables and text
- Present all information in the same way because everyone interprets things similarly
How do you handle data in analytics to gain greater insights into our audience’s behaviour?
What is the benefit of using digital data?
- It can help you make informed decisions and improve online performance
- Digital data is always 100% accurate
- Digital data allows you to save money on offline analytics
- Using digital data allows you to automatically reach more customers
When using analytics programmes on your website, which of these do not fall under the category of a metric?
- Browser users use to access your site
- Unique visitors to your site
- Time users spend on your site
- Number of pages viewed per visit
In the world of analytics, the time the user spent on your site is considered which type of data?
Which of these is not a benefit for businesses using fully integrated e-commerce platforms?
- Stock control
- Integrated invoicing
- The ability to track shipping
- Automated complaints process system
When building your online product store, to make it as effective as possible you should look to optimise the performance by using images in what kind of way?
- Use images direct from the internet to ensure accurate file size
- Use images direct from the original manufacturer
- Ensure images are of a high quality
- Use detailed descriptions instead of images to help search engines
Fill in the blank: When you are considering the layout of the product pages, it is important to put them in ________ order?
- a constantly changing
Analytics can help optimise your website for which of the following?
- For different devices, navigation & search
- For different devices & social media profiles
- For email templates & social media profiles
- For navigation, search & video campaigns
If a user abandons their shopping cart without making a purchase, one way to bring them back to complete the purchase is?
- SEM advertising
- Social advertising
- Email campaigns
When trying to increase the product sales on your website, one way to achieve this is to_________?
- send multiple follow up emails once a purchase has been made
- show them remarketing ads with a variety of products
- provide the customer with relevant suggested purchases
- include a pop up on your website that they have to action before continuing
When looking to introduce e-commerce functions to your website, which of the following would be the best first step?
- Build an online store with an integrated payment system
- Set up a web-based money transfer software like PayPal
- Invest in a new website platform
- Use other platforms such as eBay or Etsy
If you are looking to expand your company’s presence online internationally, which of the following should you consider with regards to your online content?
- Translated by an automated tool only
- Translated but also locally adapted for the audience
- Translated into the native language
- Left the same, and not translated
Fill the blanks: When advertising internationally, you should make your business ______ to the new market, consider the ___________ and any possible ___________ implications.
- accessible | supply chain | legal
- affordable | supply chain | language
- exciting | customers needs | currency
- affordable | customer needs | legal
Fill in the blank: When considering expanding a business internationally, the best place to start is to__________?
- use online tools to help you understand where there’s a strong demand for your products
- move the whole business to that country
- replicate your current business in as many countries as possible
- buy new domains for the country
When looking to expand your business internationally on social media, what should you do first?
- Treat all social media channels the same
- Use popular phrases and memes for that area
- Analyse platforms popular in that area
- Not advertise at all, as other countries don’t like social advertising
Fill The Blank: In The World Of Display Advertising, Remarketing Is A Way To _________.
- pay less per click than standard SEM ads
- show ads to people before they visit your website
- show ads to people after they visit your website
- display a pop up on your website when people visit it
Get Another certificate Digital Sales Certification
Get Another certificate Mobile Sites Certification
Get Another certificate Video Ads Certification
Get Another certificate Shopping Advertising Certification
Get Another certificate Ads Mobile Certification
Get Another certificate Ads Search Certification
Get Another certificate Display Ads Certification
Get Another certificate Analytics Individual Qualification Certification
Get Another certificate Digital Garage Quiz
Get Another certificate Ads Fundamentals Exam