Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging apps on mobile devices. Seeing the popularity in mobile devices, the company took the step of launching the web version of the app, which would work on platforms like Windows and Mac.
Whatsapp is a mobile application that uses Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) to send and receive messages. Multimedia messages like photos and videos are shared by uploading them to the HTTP server and then sharing the link with a thumbnail.
Whatsapp web is the mirrored layout of the mobile application which allows messages from the PC. But is it worth it? Can Whatsapp web beat the other messaging applications of PC? Let’s dig for the answers.
Surprising Secrets Of Whatsapp Web:
For understanding the best utility of any software and making use of it to the fullest, we need to have a look at its most prominent features so that we can use the service to the fullest. Some of the most promising features of Whatsapp web are discussed here:
- Bigger The Better: whatsapp-web/. It’s an interface working on the PC where we get a bigger screen and a bigger keyboard for typing our messages. Thus, making it faster to write and offer an immersive experience.
- Secure: Whatsapp web has no other signing option available except the QR code. We have to sign in or log in by scanning the Whatsapp web QR code from our phone’s application, and this code only works for a single device per web browser. So if you have multiple numbers, you can use a different browser to access separate WhatsApp.
- Same As Always: Carries a similar interface and menus which are available on the phone’s interface but magnified. So, it is not a difficulty for the users to understand the application UI as they already know it from the mobile application.
- Versatile: It is supported by Google Chrome and most of the browsers available. Recently Whatsapp web got its own application on the Microsoft store for the Windows PC.
So as we have discussed some of the prominent features of the Whatsapp web, we see that this application can be of true utility if installed on your PC. Now let’s compare the Whatsapp web features to some of the prominent messaging applications of PC
Is Whatsapp Web Worth It?:
Like Whatsapp web, there are numerous messengers such as WeChat, Telegram, Viber, Snapchat, and Line. These all are applications running on both PC and smartphones. But how is Whatsapp web better? Let’s take a look.
- Popular: Whatsapp has about 1.5 billion active users, which makes it one of the most popular messengers.
- End-To-End Encryption: This is the security measure where each chat is encrypted and without any compromise on user experience.
- Message Forward And Delete: The feature of forwarding a particular message or deleting it after delivery is also available.
- Emojis And Status View: Can send emojis from the desktop application and view status put by other people and put our stories too.
Though there are numerous numbers of messengers available for both phone and PC, maximum users choose Whatsapp. It is due to the features, versatility, simple UI, and better security, which distinguishes it from the competitor applications.
How to login to Whatsapp Web?
Checkout step by step video of the login procedure of whatsapp .